WAEC GCE Registration Form 2023 Registration And Guidelines
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has officially released the Registration Form for the 1st series of the WAEC GCE for the year 2023. We encourage all interested candidates to visit the website and begin their registration process for the 2023 WAEC GCE.
List of Approved Subjects for WAEC GCE 1st Series:
|S/N||SUBJECT NAME||SUBJECT CODE|
|3||CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES||202|
|8||LITERATURE IN ENGLISH||210|
How to Apply for the WAEC GCE 1st Series 2023:
- Visit the website at https://registration.waecdirect.org/. Private candidates of WASSCE are advised to commence their registration for the 1st Series.
- Interested candidates can purchase a Registration PIN from the nearest WAEC office, authorized banks, or accredited agents.
Procedures for Online Application of the 2023 WAEC GCE:
Candidates are required to pay a registration fee of Thirteen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Fifty Naira (N13,950.00) at any branch of the following banks or accredited agents to obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nigeria Ltd
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
- Diamond Bank Plc
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Skye Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- Ecobank Ltd.
Additionally, candidates are required to pay a Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
After obtaining the Registration PIN, prospective candidates should visit https://registration.waecdirect.org/ to complete the registration process.
Completion of Registration:
During the registration period, candidates MUST complete their registration within two weeks of their first website access. It is crucial to ensure that all personal details, such as names, gender, passport photos, dates of birth, and subjects, are accurate.
To serve as identification during the examination, candidates must print the Admission Notice/Photo Card, which will also contain the Result Checker PIN. Additionally, candidates need to use a digital personal scanner for fingerprint registration.
General Information on 2023 WAEC GCE Registration Form:
- Candidates should watch the Information VCD before signing up for the examination.
- The registration cost is non-refundable.
- After completing the registration, candidates should print the examination timetable.
- Candidates must upload passport-size, high-quality photos with their entries. Blue or red backgrounds are not acceptable. The proper dimension is 275 by 314 pixels. Entries with unsuitable passport photos will be rejected.
- Before the examination, candidates should read the regulations, syllabuses, and timetable on the WAEC website (http://www.waeconline.org.ng/) by entering their registration PIN.
- Candidates must not wear professional uniforms in the exam rooms and should dress in mufti. No kind of professional uniform is permitted.
- Candidates found taking the exam at multiple locations will have all their results invalidated.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in the exam room.
- Candidates carrying mobile phones or other electronic devices into the examination room will have their entire scores cancelled.
- Candidates must double-check the accuracy of their entries before uploading personal information, as the Council will not be responsible for any mistakes.
- The original Photo Cards of each candidate are required upon entering the examination room.
Candidates with Special Needs:
Candidates with special needs will register online like other applicants but will need to provide specific information about their disabilities, such as visual, hearing, low vision, spastic, speech, or other impairments.
Please note that any form of cheating during the exam may result in the cancellation of results and potential legal consequences.
We encourage all interested candidates to complete their registration on time and adhere to the guidelines provided. For further inquiries, please visit the WAEC website or contact their office directly.