Latest Benue news today, Saturday December 31, 2022
1. Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, has debunked insinuations that he has agreed to mobilize Benue support for the Presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress, (APC), Senator Bola Tinubu, to enable him actualize his presidential ambition.
Ortom, who spoke through his Chief Press Secretary, Nathaniel Ikyur, while reacting to rumours that he, and other G5 Governors, has resolved to support Tinubu, dismissed it as mere speculations and urged people to refrain from listening to rumours.
2. Hope, yesterday, rose for the people of Atilo-Oglewu community in Benue State, as Minister of Water Resources, Suleiman Adamu, expressed the ministry’s willingness provide technical competence to the community in Ohimini Local Council in order to alleviate their years of suffering from acute scarcity of water.
Adamu made the promise at the launch of the N1b water project and the celebration of an Idoma musical icon, Madam Alice Igbe Oklobia.
3. A non-governmental organisation with United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) consultative status, the Gender and Environmental Risk Reduction Initiative (GERI), has collaborated with the Global Environment Facility (GEF) Small Grants Programme (GEF-SGP) and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) to tackle the negative impacts of climate change and land degradation risks on livelihood activities in Usar, a rural community in Benue State of Nigeria.
4. A former governor of Benue State, Senator Gabriel Suswam, said yesterday that he had no personal problems with Governor Ortom over his (Ortom’s) opposition to Atiku.
Suswam who supports Atiku said: “Atiku Abubakar is the candidate of our party, he is the one I am working with, and I strongly feel that at this point Benue should move in the same direction as other Nigerians and work with the candidate of our great party, so that we may not be left out when they begin to sing the songs of victory.
5. One person was killed and three others injured after suspected herdsmen launched an attack on Agan community in Makurdi LGA of Benue state.
The incident happen Friday night.