Good morning! here are latest Benue News today, Thursday August 4, 2022
1. The crisis rocking the All Progressives Congress in Benue State assumed another dimension on Wednesday as some arsonists set ablaze the residence of a chieftain of the party, Alhaji Abubakar Usman, aka Young Alhaji, in Otukpo, Benue State.
The house, located at GRA, Otukpo, was said to have been set on fire around 3am.
2. Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom condemns the attack on the house of a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Alhaji Usman Abubakar, popularly known as Young Alhaji in Otukpo.
The Governor describes the torching of Young Alhaji’s house by yet-to-be-identified persons as unacceptable, barbaric and anti-democracy.
3. he Senator representing Benue South Senatorial District, Comrade Abba Moro, condemns in the strongest terms the attack on the Otukpo home of an All Progressives Congress (APC) stalwart, Alh. Usman Abubakar (a.k.a Young Alhaji).
Senator Moro describes the incident as regrettable and very unfortunate, he says whatever propelled the arsonists to carry out the abominable act was not worth it.
4. The Benue State Security Council has restricted the operations of commercial motorcycles, also known as Okada in the state.
Henceforth, commercial motorcycle operators would only be allowed to operate from 6am to 8pm everyday until further notice.
5. The Senator representing Benue South Senatorial District, Comrade Abba Patrick Moro, on behalf of his family and the good people of Benue South, felicitates with Chief (Mrs) Helen Onma Mark, the Enewa K’Idoma and the wife of the former Senate President, H.E., Senator David Mark, as she marks her 71st birthday on Wednesday.
6. Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom has admonished Nigerians, particularly those in leadership to brace up for the task of rebuilding the country in line with the vision of the founding fathers.
The Governor gave the charge Monday August 1st, 2022 at Benue State Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja when he received a delegation from the Solomon Lar Foundation on a courtesy visit.
7. Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom will tomorrow, August 4, 2022, inaugurate the State Community Volunteer Guards (Batch One).
The passing-out parade of the Community Volunteer Guards which will take place at IBB Square, Makurdi, is to commence at 10 o’clock in the morning.