1. The Benue State government has clarified that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Benue state is united and there is nothing like Ortom and Atiku factions in the party.
It also maintained that Governor Samuel Ortom does not have any personal problem with the Presidential candidate of the PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar contrary to the picture being painted by the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC.
2. The member representing Ado/Ogbadibo/Okpokwu Federal Constituency of Benue State, Francis Ottah Agbo, has advised the sacked candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for the constituency seat, Aida Nath Ogwuche, to stop misleading Nigerians with media propaganda and blackmail over the recent judgment of the Court of Appeal.
Agbo also cautioned Ogwuche to stop parading herself as the PDP candidate for the Federal Constituency, otherwise known as Enone, as doing so would amount to contempt of the Court of Appeal where the three-man panel of Justices of great repute sat and delivered a unanimous verdict which interpreted the law and gave justice to the question of who the authentic Enone PDP candidate is.
3. With just few weeks to the coming general elections, a large number of the kinsmen of the Minister for Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Affairs, Senator George Akume, Monday dumped the All Progressives Congress, APC, for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Tarka Local Government Area, LGA, of Benue state.
The APC supporters who defected to the PDP at the ongoing Local Government campaign rally of the party held in Wannune, Tarka LGA renounced the APC and declared their support for the PDP ahead of the elections.
4. Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has assured the people of the State not to be swayed from voting the candidates of their choice in the forthcoming elections because of fear that the elections may be rigged.
He said the introduction of Bimodal Voting Accreditation System, BVAS, by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, will make it impossible for anyone to attempt to rig the elections.
5. The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has accused the All Progressives Congress, APC of sponsoring thugs to pull down billboards belonging to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in the state.