Good morning! here are latest Benue News today, Wednesday August 3, 2022
1. Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom has admonished Nigerians, particularly those in leadership to brace up for the task of rebuilding the country in line with the vision of the founding fathers.
According to his Chief Press Secretary, Nathaniel Ikyur made available to Sundiata Post on Monday, the Governor gave the charge Monday August 1st, 2022 at Benue State Governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja when he received a delegation from the Solomon Lar Foundation on a courtesy visit.
2. The Police Command in Benue on Monday arraigned one Jighjigh Aondoaver before a Makurdi Upper Area Court for alleged rape.
The prosecutor, Insp Veronica Shaagee, told the court that the case was transferred to Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Makurdi from Divisional Police Station Vandeikya via letter No. AR:3100.1043 and dated July 18.
3. A Makurdi Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday ordered that three men be remanded in a correctional centre for alleged possession of offensive weapons.
The police charged Iordye Terhide, Emmanuel Kuhwa and Ikyor Titus with acts of terrorism and being in possession of offensive weapons.
4. Acorn Initiative, a non-profit organisation, has donated 20 desks and 34 basic educational packs to the LGEA Primary School, Demekpe, Makurdi, Benue State.
Donating the items to the school on Tuesday, Acorn Initiative’s Project Director (Nigeria), Mrs Jennifer Omale, disclosed that the gesture was borne out of the desire of the United Kingdom (UK) based founder of the organisation, John Igoche to contribute his quota to the development of public schools in Nigeria.
5. A Lagos based prophet, Prophet Gentleluck Omenka has said that he received a revelation that agents of darkness has planned to eliminate the Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom.
Omenka, also known as Prophet of Thunder, who is the General Overseer of Mountain of Testimony and Manifestation (MTM) predicted this while briefing newsmen in Makurdi, the Benue State capital on Monday evening.
6. Super Eagles striker Anthony Ujah is very excited after joining his fifth German club Eintracht Braunschweig on a free transfer.
The 31-year-old Benue-born scorer is on the lookout for a new club after his contract with Bundesliga outfit Union Berlin expired at the end of last month.