1. The Benue State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Mr. Titus Uba has promised to strengthen the state’s Open Grazing Prohibition and Ranches Establishment Law of 2017 if elected governor of the state in the coming elections to further stem herders’ attacks in the state.
He assured that aside from strengthening the law, his administration would also give priority attention to the security and protection of the lives, properties, and well-being of all Benue people and everyone residing in the state.
2. Benue House of Assembly on Tuesday approved requests by Gov. Samuel Ortom to access two loans totalling N2.2 billion to pay the state’s counterpart funding on two schemes.
The first loan of N1.2 billion is expected from the United Bank for Africa PLC to pay counterpart contribution to the Federal Government’s statutory allocation in the state’s Universal Basic Education Programm
3. A Makurdi Chief Magistrates’ Court, on Tuesday, ordered that five farmers be remanded in a correctional centre for alleged culpable homicide.
They were alleged to have beaten a 79-year-0ld man to death in his house.
4. Peter Obi, the Presidential candidate for the Labour Party disclosed that the dredging of Rivers Niger and Benue would be used for local usage, export and economic development in order to run a productive economy.
5. Not fewer than 3,225 supporters of other political parties including the All Progressive Congress (APC), have, again, defected to the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) in Benue state.
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, who received by he decampees on behalf of the party said it was a huge manifestation that the people have realized that the PDP in Benue remains the only party to lead the state to greater heights.
6. Past and present student leaders from the Benue South Senatorial District under the aegis of Zone C Comrade Community have endorsed Senator Abba Moro of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, as their preferred candidate in the coming senatorial election in the district.
Drawn from the nine Local Government Areas, LGAs, that make up the senatorial Zone, the leaders declared their support for the serving Senator at an endorsement ceremony attended by political leaders and supporters of the lawmaker held in Otukpo the headquarters of the senatorial Zone.
7. head of the forthcoming general elections, the governorship candidate of Labour Party in Benue state Mr. Herman Hembe has urged Benue people to shun greedy politicians and their godfathers saying they were responsible for underdevelopment of the state.
Hembe gave this advice during the party’s campaign rally in Otukpa, headquarters of Ogbadibo Local Government Area, LGA, of Benue’ state.
8. A native doctor, Mohammed Ismail Tiganya Omatoko, who prepared charms worth N2,000 to prevent kidnappers and armed robbers from being caught, has been arrested by operatives of the Benue State police command.
Omatoko, who could not prevent his own arrest, hails from Kogi State. He was arrested alongside eight other suspected armed robbers and kidnappers, who were all his clients, in Otukpo Local Government Area of Benue State.