Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Friday, 31 March 2023 2023 below.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Zamfara State Governor, Bello Matawalle has alleged that he lost his re-election bid in the March 18 polls because of his stand against the naira redesign policy of the federal government. According to him, he had gotten reports of plans to deal with him and other Governors who instituted a suit against the naira redesign policy initiated by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
2. The presidential candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) in the just-concluded presidential, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, has accused the All Progressives Congress (APC) of manipulating the outcome of the general elections in some states, especially the presidential election.
3. The leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has quashed the suspension order on former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Chief Pius Anyim. Former Governors Ayo Fayose (Ekiti) and Ibrahim Shema (Katsina) also had their suspension lifted. Benue Governor Samuel Ortom, who was referred to the party’s disciplinary committee, has also had the summons reversed.
4. The National Assembly Conference Committee set up by both Senate and the House of Representatives to harmonize the Bill for an Act to establish the Nigeria Peace Corps completed it’s assignmenit on Wednesday thereby clearing coast for transmission of the Bill to President Muhammadu Buhari for assent.
5. A group, Save Nigeria Democratic Movement, SNDM, Thursday called on the Inspector General of Police to arrest former Aviation Minister and Director of New Media, All Progressive Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council, Femi Fani-Kayode, within 48 hours over his recent inciting comments.
6. The Africa Cup of Nations Cote d’Ivoire 2023 dates have been officially confirmed by CAF, with the opening match scheduled to take place on Saturday, 13 January 2024 at the Alassane Ouattara Stadium in Ebimpe, Abidjan.
7. A High Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos State, on Wednesday, remanded a 37-year-old herbalist, Bamidele Mayowa, over the alleged murder and dismembered corpse of a mother of two, Mercy Ekienabor, 35. Three others accomplices including a woman, Oluwakemi Azeez, 21, Oyedegun Adewale, 28, and Jejelaye Olusola, 23, were remanded to a correctional centre in the state.
8. The Ghanaian Tik Tok sensation, Ahuofe Abrantie, popularly known as Tupac, is reportedly dead. Ahoufe died in his Kumasi apartment on Thursday. However, details of his death are still sketchy.
9. Popular social media comedian Ganiyu Kehinde aka Ijoba Lande who was declared missing has been found. The comedian’s wife reported him missing on Sunday. She said, “This is to inform the public that IJOBA LANDE left home to an unknown destination on the 26th of march around 9:00 pm and up till now we can find him we have reported the case at the nearest police station and with their help they help us to send signal to radio station please if you noticed anything you can fm his account or @ijesaekun
10. The Federal University Gashua (FUGA) in Yobe State, on Thursday, March 30, 2023, denied the claim that its students flogged one of its senior lecturers, Dr. Samiu Dagari of the Chemistry Department.