Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Tuesday 10 January 2023 below.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has distanced itself from a viral purported final list of candidates for the 2023 general elections. A report had emerged earlier (not on Naija News) claiming that the commission released confirmed names of candidates contesting for various positions in the forthcoming election.
2. The President of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari has explained why he personally attended the campaign rally of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Adamawa State on Monday. Speaking at the palace of the Lamido of Adamawa, the President was quoted to have said he was in the state to support the party’s governorship candidate, Aisha Binani as well as all other candidates of the APC for the 2023 election.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday arrived in Damaturu, Yobe State on a two-day working visit, Naija News reports. The President during his visit, will commission some projects executed by the state government under the leadership of Governor Mai Mala Buni.
4. The Lagos State Police Command has confirmed the death of one person in the chaos that occurred in the Ojota area of the state. IDOMA VOICE earlier reported that there was pandemonium in the Ojota area of Lagos on Monday morning as some hoodlums reportedly engaged in a shootout.
5. Six people kidnapped during the horrific attack on a train station in Edo State have been rescued. The Edo state government announced the development in a statement on Monday. Amongst the rescued victims are a 65-year-old man, a nursing mother with her baby, a six-year-old girl, and two siblings aged two and five years old, respectively.
6. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), on Monday revealed a situation that might see the 2023 general election cancelled. The electoral body noted that insecurity across the country might be a threat to the forthcoming election.
7. The Aare Onakakanfo of Yoruba land, Iba Gani Adams has dismissed allegations claiming that members of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC) were involved in the agitation that occurred at Ojota, Lagos State.
8. The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has come out to make some shocking revelations about the proposed budget of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) before the National Assembly.
9. The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has declared that he is both spiritually and physically committed to ensure the victory of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state during the upcoming elections.
10. Political economist, Professor Pat Utomi has come out to give reasons why neither the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) nor the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) can move Nigeria forward if elected to power at the 2023 general election.