Good morning! Here is latest Benue News today, Thursday Nov 24, 2022.
1. Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers have abducted a medical doctor identified as Dr Alex Gyemwase, in Zaki Biam, the headquarters of Ukum Local Government Area of Benue State.
A stepbrother to the victim, Peter Gyemwase, said that the suspected kidnappers stormed the doctor’s residence opposite NKST Secondary School, Zaki-Biam at about 8pm on Tuesday.
2. Ahead of the 2023 poll, Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state says that no fewer than two million internally displaced persons (IDPs) may not be able to cast ballots for candidates of their choices.
Speaking during the Platinum Post annual round table themed: “Contemporary security challenges and their effects on the 2023 general elections”, he expressed concern over the lack of data on the number of IDPs in the country.
3. No fewer than 11 persons died of food poisoning in Ikobi community, Apa Local Government Area of Benue State.
It was gathered that the victims lost their lives after consuming food that was contaminated with harmful chemicals.
4. A Chief Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday ordered that two brothers and their friend be remanded in a Federal Correctional Centre for allegedly attacking villagers in Benue.
The police charged Terna Amozua, Aondofa and Teryima Amazua with criminal conspiracy and acts of terrorism.
5. Just as Benue State hits the threshold to access PENCOM Funds for the payment of pensions and gratuities, Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has stated that the payment of salaries, pensions and gratuities of retirees remains the priority of the state government.
Governor Ortom disclosed this while responding to questions from newsmen in Makurdi on Tuesday on issues affecting the payment of pensions and gratuities of retirees in the 2023 Budget recently presented to the House of Assembly.
6. The Ado Local Government Council of Benue State has cautioned youths in the area following protests against the Chairman of the area, James Oche.
The council warned that it would not condone any form of security threat to the people of the area.