Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Monday, 24th October 2022 below.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. As part of activities to mark her 52nd birthday, Dr Becky Enenche of Dunamis International Gospel Centre, on Sunday, empowered some women and youths within the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
Idoma Voice observed that several persons were empowered with various materials such as sewing machines, ovens, wrappers, grinding machines, foodstuff, cash and other items.
2. The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, has revealed why he did not force his wife, Senator Oluremi to convert to Islam.
Oluremi, who has been married to Tinubu for more than 30 years, is a Pastor with the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
Tinubu was responding to the controversy that has been trailing his decision to pick Kashim Shettima, a fellow Muslim from Borno as deputy ahead of the 2023 election.
3. The United States embassy in Nigeria has revealed that terrorists were planning to attack strategic places in Abuja.
In a security alert issued on Sunday, the US advised its citizens to avoid all non-essential travel or movement, stay alert and avoid crowds.
The statement read “There is an elevated risk of terror attacks in Nigeria, specifically in Abuja. Targets may include, but are not limited to, government buildings, places of worship, schools, markets, shopping malls, hotels, bars, restaurants, athletic gatherings, transport terminals, law enforcement facilities, and international organizations.
5. The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi, Ojaja II, is set to marry another wife, Temitope Adesegun, on Monday.
According to Ooni’s spokesperson, Moses Olafare, the new Olori is an Ijebu Princess.
Olafare, who shared the photo of the new Olori on Facebook alongside cake emojis, said, “Olori Temitope Adesegun Ogunwusi An Ijebu Princess cum Ile-Ife QueenTomorrow is the D day!.”
6. The Vice Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Governor of Delta State, Senator Ifeanyi Okowa has boasted the party will win Anambra State in the 2023 presidential election.
Peter Obi is a native of Anambra State.
Okowa who is a running mate to Atiku Abubakar was represented in Onitsha for the 20th Ofala festival of the traditional ruler of the ancient Kingdom, Obi Alfred Nnaemeka Achebe, by the leader of the Presidential campaign council in Anambra State, Prof. Obiora Okonkwo, chairman of United Nigeria Airline.
7. Sheyi A Peters, a man who posted on social media that the founder of Omega Fire Ministries, OFM, Apostle Johnson Suleman, has made another revelation.
Peters had shortly after some gunmen attacked the convoy of Suleman and killed seven people, including four policemen, said the cleric had used them for rituals.
Angered by his post, Suleman said he has reported the case to the IG of police and other law enforcement agencies.
8. The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, has insisted that he does not need energy to administer the political shrine of Nigeria as president.
There are claims in some quarters that Tinubu is sick and does not have the mental strength to govern Nigeria.
However, the former Lagos State governor has fired back at his critics that he’s not running 500m races or going for a wrestling match and as such, does not need energy to run the office of the president.
He was addressing his supporters in Kano during the weekend while inaugurating his campaign office.
“They said I am sick, do I look like a sick man? Tinubu, who struggled to speak coherently, asked his supporters, who chorosed, “no.”
9. The Senior Pastor of Omega Fire Ministries, Apostle Johnson Suleman, has promised to take care of the there families of those who lost their lives in the attack on his convoy last week.
IDOMA VOICE recalls that four policemen and three others were killed when gunmen attacked his convoy along Auchi road in Edo State.
Addressing his congregation on Sunday, Suleman said he’s pained over the way people were believing some negative things being said about him on social media.
“The families of the bereaved have become the responsibilities of the church.”
10. Premier League leaders Arsenal dropped points for only the second time this season after Southampton hit back to snatch a 1-1 draw at St Mary’s.
Granit Xhaka’s second goal in four days following his Europa League winner against PSV Eindhoven set the in-form Gunners on course for a 10th win from 11 top-flight games.
Yet Mikel Arteta’s men were left frustrated after Saints improved in the second period and equalised 25 minutes from time thanks to Stuart Armstrong’s first club goal since March.