1. The Benue Youth Forum, BYF, has accused the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, of supporting terrorists who killed people in Benue State.
BYF said Atiku’s recent “careless and unfortunate” statement justifying herders attack in the state was a mockery of those killed.
2. Akioyamen Josephine has resigned her appointment as Senior Special Assistant to Benue State Government on Diaspora Affairs.
Akioyamen in a letter addressed to the governor, through the office of the Secretary to the State Government, thanked the governor for the opportunity to serve the people of Benue State.
3. The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has approved the appointment of the following officers as Permanent Secretaries.
The officers who are in the directorate cadre were recommended to fill the existing vacancies in the State Civil Service.
4. The G-9 Benue South Progressives Forum, a factional group of the All Progressives Congress has reacted to the defection of Akioyamen Josephine to the APC.
Reacting, G-9 through its PRO Akoh Ikwuoche, said Akioyamen’s defection will further stabilize the APC.
5. Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, on Wednesday called on the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar, to apologise over his outburst against him and the people of the state.
The governor also told Atiku not to think that Fulani alone could make him the President.
6. The Benue State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Michael Gusa has stated that the people of the state are justifiably angry with the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar for the hurting comment he made against Governor Samuel Ortom in Kaduna recently.
The Justice Commissioner noted Wednesday in Makurdi that the people of the state were equally infuriated by the comment.
7. Governor Samuel Ortom has expressed satisfaction at the rehabilitation work going on at the Wards and Theatre blocks of the Benue State University Teaching Hospital, BSUTH.
The Governor also said he was happy that the construction work at the multi-billion naira Benue Geographic Information Service, BENGIS complex is going according to plan.
8. Benue Republicans, a pressure group made of indigenes of Benue State, North-central Nigeria, has condemned statements by President Muhammadu Buhari and the presidential candidate of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, for statements they released after suspected herdsmen killed several people in Gbeji in Ukum Local Government of the state.
The group stated that the claim by Buhari that he and Mr Ortom have often disagreed on political issues was elusive, meaningless and had no relationship with the killing of the people of Gbeji.
9. The Benue state Governor, Samuel Ortom has expressed sadness over the death of veteran journalist and pioneer Chairman of Sports Writers Association of Nigeria, (SWAN) in the state, Law Possible Ediba.
Ediba who died after a brief illness at Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi on October 25th, 2022 was aged 80 years.
10. Governor Samuel Ortom has decried the rising number of Internally Displaced Persons, IDPs and the high influx of refugees from Cameroon in Benue saying the state is now endangered.
He maintained that it was not an easy task for the state to manage the refugees and IDPs and urged the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development to intervene to cushion the burden.