1. Governor Hyacinth Alia of Benue State has reestablished the bonding agreement for medical students at the College of Health Sciences, Benue State University.
This was revealed during the 9th Professional Induction and Admission Ceremony for the 2023 Graduating Doctors of the college, held in Makurdi on Monday.
2. Justice O.A. Egwuatu of the Federal High Court, Maitama, Abuja, convicted ten individuals on separate one-count charges related to internet fraud.
These defendants were prosecuted by the Makurdi Zonal Command of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). The convicted individuals are Ikyegh Senenge Bobo, Anum Cyprian Sesugh, Boniface Udoo Aondofa, Utor Stanley Torkuma, Obande Emmanuel, James Ekere, Tony Ochekwu Moda, Ochaje James, Shadrach Ugbu Aondona, and Odumu Michael.
3. Gunmen have reportedly abducted several passengers on the Otukpo – Enugu expressway, along Olanyega/Ogbodo road in Okpokwu Local Government Area of Benue State.
It was gathered that the the incident occurred at about 2:30 pm on Sunday.
4. Benue State Governor, Fr Hycainth Alia, has said the judiciary arm of government in the state will get financial autonomy in line with the Nigerian Constitution and the Benue State Judiciary Fund Management (Financial Autonomy) Law, 2021.
Alia made this known during the closing of the 2023/2024 state Judiciary Legal Year celebration, at the City Bay Event Centre, Makurdi, on Saturday.
5. The Governor of Benue State, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia, has promised to create an enabling environment for all donor agencies and development partners for their programmes in the state, through government’s provision of counterpart funds and other necessary logistics.
The Governor made the pledge when he played host to a delegation from the International Fund for Agricultural Development Fund (IFAD) – Value Chain Development Program (VCDP), at the Benue State Government House Makurdi, on Monday, September 18th, 2023.