Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Sunday, 23rd October 2022 below.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. A senior lecturer with the department of History and International Studies at Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA), identified as Dr. Fred Ekpe Ayokhai, was on Friday, October 21, captured brutalizing a 20-year-old girl who fought his daughter over a man.
The girl, named Blessing Mathias, had sometime last week confronted Ayokhai’s daughter, Emmanuella Onawegie, for trying to ‘snatch’ her boyfriend, simply identified as IG.
Blessing confronted Emmanuella in Lafia, Nasarawa State, after she found out that she had her boyfriend’s number and was chatting with him. She had asked her to delete the number but Emmanuella blatantly refused leading to a fight. A source revealed.
2. I did not see or hear of the Labour Party’s suspension of her national Youth Leader yesterday. That sums up my recent tight schedule.
The collapse I have been describing is taking place in various shapes and tones. Because image and imaging are crucial to electoral value, a serious Party that is committed to winning an election will not engage in this type of behaviour at this crucial time.
You need deliverance if you’re still falling for the political “scam” that is the Labour Party and the Obi Movement.
3. Ahead of the 2023 general election, the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar has described the All Progressives Congress (APC) as destroyers, adding that they don’t deserve to be supported.
Atiku, who stated this while addressing party supporters in Benin, Edo State, Saturday during his party’s presidential rally, urged the people to continue to be loyal to the PDP.4. Apostle Johnson Suleman of Omega Fire Ministries, has faulted the claims in some quarters that he used mobile police officers for rituals.
Suleman made the claim while reacting to a viral video of a police officer identified as Seyi Peter alleging that he supplies him with his colleagues for rituals.
The officer also claimed that the girl killed during the assassination attempt was used for havoc by Suleman.
Reacting, Suleman denied knowledge of the police officer, stressing that he has never met him before.
5. The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Senator Iyorchia Ayu and the PDP presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, have come under attack for chosing politics over human lives.
This follows the loud silence of the duo over the recent murder of about 50 villagers in Gbeji community of Ukum LGA of Benue State by suspected Fulani herdsmen.
About four days after the unfortunate incident, neither Ayu nor Atiku have deemed it necessary to visit the area or send sympathies to families of the victims.
6. The rampaging flood that has devastated most parts of the country and almost the entire Bayelsa State has taken over the Otuoke residence of former President, Goodluck Jonathan, in Ogbia Local Government Area of the State.
During his visit to the hometown of the former President to assess the situation on Friday, the Bayelsa State Governor, Duoye Diri lamented the level of destruction caused by what he described as an “attack by natural disaster” on the livelihood of Bayelsans.
7. Bola Tinubu, the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress for the 2023 elections, says Nigerians against borrowings by the Buhari regime should stop using Mercedes Benz and Lexus brands of vehicles.
Tinubu made the assertion during the presentation of campaign manifestation on Friday in Abuja without providing context or rationale for his charge.
“I stand before you proudly, noting that those who are afraid of the budget, the thoughts of borrowing. Yes, borrowing. If borrowing is a crime, the entire America should be in jail. If borrowing is a crime, stop using Mercedes Benz and Lexus,” Mr Tinubu declared.
8. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has imposed a visa ban on Nigerians seeking to visit Dubai.
The ban was conveyed in a notice issued to the country’s trade partners in Nigeria, including travel agents.
Sadly, no reason was given for the decision, however, Vanguard gathered that the visa rejections are the latest decision made by the UAE Immigration authorities on their engagement with Nigerians.
9. Governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party for Benue State and Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Rt Hon Titus Uba has reiterated the need for the creation of State police in Nigeria to enable States to effectively tackle their security challenges.
Uba made the call on Thursday in Gbeji, Ukum local government when he accompanied the Senator representing Benue North East, Dr Gabriel Suswam and the representative of the Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom to Visit the community.
10. Two penalties, one in each half and at opposing sides, guaranteed that Saturday’s Africa U23 Cup of Nations qualifying match between Nigeria and Tanzania in Dar es Salaam ended in a 1-1 draw.
Captain Success Makanjuola netted for Nigeria in the 29th minute, after Qudus Akanni was fouled in the hosts’ vital area, and the 1996 champions thereafter created a number of chances that with a little more precision, would have put the match to bed by half time.