Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Thursday 24th November 2022 below.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Bandits have abducted four people in the Kolo village of Gusau Local Government Area in Zamfara State and refused to collect old naira notes as ransom. It was gathered that the bandits earlier demanded N10m as ransom but after the negotiation, they agreed to collect N5m.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday in Abuja launched the new Naira banknotes, expressing delight that the redesigned currencies are locally produced by the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting (NSPM) PLC. Speaking at the launch of the new banknotes, which preceded the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, the President explained in detail the basis for his approval to the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to redesign the ₦200, ₦500 and ₦1000 banknotes.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari has written the Senate, seeking for the confirmation of his Special Assistant on new Media, Lauretta Onochie, as Chairman of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC. Recall that the Senate had in July last year bowed to pressure from Civil Society Organisations, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and other Nigerians and refused to confirm Onochie as a Commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.
4. The Federal Government has unveiled the much-awaited new naira notes to the public. The new notes were unveiled at the Federal Executive Council meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday.
.5. Nollywood actress, Rita Dominic, is set to hold her white wedding at a manor in North Yorkshire, England, this weekend. According to BellaNaija, Dominic and her husband, Fidelis Anosike, who wedded traditionally earlier this year will host friends and family to their white wedding ceremony.
6. Former Manchester United striker, Cristiano Ronaldo, has been slapped with a fine of £50,000 and given a two-match ban by the football association in England. Following an incident that occurred in April when Ronaldo smashed a fan’s phone at Goodison Park after Man United lost to Everton last season, the FA have now concluded their investigation and handed Ronaldo his punishment..
7. Nigerians have reacted to the unveiling of new Naira notes by President Muhammadu Buhari. IDOMA VOICE had reported that the president on Wednesday unveiled new N1000, N500, and N200 as earlier announced by the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele. Reacting to the images of the Naira notes currently making the rounds on all social media platforms, some Nigerians expressed disappointment on the new look.
8. Former Presidential aide, Reno Omokri has said the Presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Bola Ahmed Tinubu is tired, needs rest, and should stop embarrassing himself. Reno made the statement in reaction to Tinubu’s plan to recharge Lake Chad if voted in as the next president of Nigeria.
9. The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, on Monday in Lagos State, has vowed not to fail those who have been supporting him. Obi said that he would rather die than fail his supporters, who are commonly known as Obidients.
10. Lionel Messi said Argentina’s shock loss to Saudi Arabia was a “very heavy blow” but vowed the South American champions would bounce back from the defeat. “It’s a very heavy blow, a defeat that hurts, but we must continue to have confidence in ourselves,” Messi said after Argentina crashed to a stunning 2-1 loss in Group C.