Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Wednesday 2nd November 2022 below.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has donated about 25 brand new Toyota Hiace to the Benue State Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, campaign council.
The party confirmed the receipt of the buses on Tuesday.
2. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested the Kogi State House of Assembly candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, Ismaila Atumeyi, with N326 million and $140,500 cash. The PUNCH reports.
Atumeyi who is seeking to represent Ankpa 11 Constituency in the Kogi State House of Assembly was arrested on Sunday, October 30, 2022, alongside one Joshua Dominic, an alleged serial fraudster, in a sting operation at Macedonia Street, Queens Estate, Karsana, Gwarinpa, Abuja.
3. The Benue State government has reacted to a statement credited to the Fulani socio-cultural group known as Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore in which it accused Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom of profiling Fulanis and confiscating their cattle for auction.
The government observed that this is not the first time that the group has launched a smear campaign against Governor Ortom.
4. Flights have been suspended as Aviation Workers have shut down Lagos Airport.
IDOMA VOICE reports that the Muritala Mohammed Domestic Airport in Lagos has been shut down leaving travelers grounded with flights suspended.
This online news understands that the Aviation workers shut down the airport on Tuesday morning over the sack of some of their members by Bi-Courtney Aviation Services Limited (BASL).
5. The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has declared Lagos socialite and owner of Adekaz Hotels, Ademola Kazeem wanted over drug trafficking and money laundering.
NDLEA Director, Media and Advocacy, Femi Babafemi, said the decision to declare the suspect wanted followed his failure to honour invitations and an order granted the agency by a Federal High Court in Lagos on Monday, October 17, 2022.
6. Peter Obi, the Presidential candidate of the Labour Party in the 2023 general elections is in Otukpo Local Government Area of Benue State.
Obi who entered the headquarters of the Idoma speaking people of Nigeria on the 1st of November, 2022 and went straight to pay homage to the Och’Idoma, HRH John Elaigwu Odogbo.
7. The leader of the Yoruba Nation self-determination struggle, Professor Banji Akintoye, has distanced himself from a congress of the apex body of the Yoruba self-determination struggle, Ilana Omo Oodua Worldwide, scheduled to take place in Ibadan on Tuesday, November 1 (today).
Akintoye accused the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, of using some members of the self-determination struggle to destroy the movement because of his presidential ambition.
8. Arsenal boss, Mikel Arteta has doused tension concerning the Bukayo Saka’s injury in their 5-0 drubbing of Nottingham Forest on Sunday over the weekend in the English Premier League.
Recall that Saka couldn’t complete the match after leaping off the pitch in the second half and was replaced by Reiss Nelson.
9. Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has said Dr. Abiye Precious Sekibo, former Minister of Transport, and PDP’s Presidential campaign Director in Rivers State does not fill such leadership position to speak on behalf of the State.
Governor Wike described Dr. Sekibo as a self-seeking politician who has been unable to attract democratic dividend, of whatever kind, to the State while he served as minister and also to his home town, Okrika.
10. The Federal High Court Makurdi Division has asked the Governorship Candidate of the Labour Party, Hermen Iorwase Hembe to pay All Progressives Congress APC fifty thousand Naira within Seven days from the date of judgment in the Suit he filed challenging APC for including his name on the party’s gubernatorial primaries election results.
Hembe went to court seeking many reliefs among which are: declarations that the votes allocated to the Applicant in the purported Gubernatorial primaries of the 1st Respondent held on 27-5-2022 and the purported rerun held on 8-6-2022 are null and void and of no effect whatsoever.