1. The Police Command in Benue on Thursday rescued six kidnapped victims and arrested four suspects in Agbanor village, Okpokwu Local Government Area of the state.
This is contained in a statement signed by the command Public Relations Officer, SP Sewuese Anene and made available to Newsmen in Makurdi. According to her, the rescued persons two women and four girls, were kidnapped on Sept. 22 while on their way to the farm in Utonkon District.
2. Benue State Governor, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia, has urged investors to explore opportunities in the tourism sector as it is one of the most opportune places for investment in the state.
He said Benue is working on expanding its tourism potential from its current position to an enviable standard to become a destination point.
3. An unidentified woman has disappeared with two children she reportedly lured with a local snack in Makurdi metropolis of Benue State.
The missing children, Philomena Kpaakpa, 4, and Benedict Kpaakpa, 2, were taken from their mother’s kiosk in front of their home.
4. Unknown armed men have reportedly abducted the former Education Secretary of Ogbadibo Local Government Area of Benue State, Mr. Sunday Ajeh and whisked him away to an unknown destination.
It was gathered that Mr. Ajeh was waylaid Wednesday evening while driiving back home after attending the burial ceremony of one of his colleagues at nearby Ipole Otukpa village.
5. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has decried the sudden rise of fake dollars and cyber crimes in Benue axis.
Its Acting Chairman, Mr Abdulkarim Chukkol, who disclosed this on Thursday in Makurdi, said that the commission had taken measures to address the situation