1. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has cleared the air on speculations that the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Mr Titus Uba is critically sick outside the country.
There were speculations that the PDP candidate, who is currently the Speaker of the state assembly, was very sick and unable to continue his campaign activities in the state.
2. Suspected gunmen on Saturday killed three people during an attack on the Adaka community in Makurdi, Benue’s state capital, an official has said.
Terver Akase, the media aide to Governor Samuel Ortom, announced the incident to reporters on Sunday.
3.Electricity consumers in parts of Benue state have decried the astronomical monthly bills they have been receiving from the Jos Electricity Distribution Company, JED.
The aggrieved consumers who lamented that the monthly bills from JED to Makurdi residents in particular, in the last few months, have gone beyond what an average Nigerian could pay, urged regulatory agencies to step into the matter and call the distribution company to order.
4. Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State, yesterday assured that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, would overcome the challenges confronting it at the national level.
The Governor who gave the assurance while addressing the Benue PDP stakeholders meeting in Makurdi, acknowledged that there are still issues confronting the party and noted that the leaders are discussing “and by the Grace of God we will overcome them.”
5. The Federal Government said it has concluded the verification exercise for 12,000 beneficiaries from Benue State to benefit from the first phase of the Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP).
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar Farouq, who was represented by Nasiru Mahmoud, Special Adviser to the President disclosed this in Makurdi on Tuesday.
6. The Benue State Police Command Tuesday, arraigned three traditional rulers and three others before a Makurdi Upper Area Court II for alleged criminal conspiracy, trespass and mischief.
Police Prosecutor, Insp Veronica Shaagee, told the court that the case was received at the Police Area Command Headquarters, Makurdi, through a petition written by the chambers of Maurice Unum and Associates, Makurdi.