Latest Benue News today, Wednesday October 26th, 2022
1. The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi, says Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom, shouldn’t be blamed for owing salaries of workers and pensioners.
Obi said Ortom shouldn’t be blamed for owing salaries because the governor usually spent millions of Naira monthly to run the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camps across the state.
2. Governor Samuel Ortom’s kinsmen and elder statesmen on the platform of MINDA Leaders of Thought, have expressed fears for Benue state if the Peoples Democratic Party’s, PDP, presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar emerge victorious in the coming 2023 elections.
3. The United Nations Populations Fund (UNFPA) in collaboration with Eunice Spring of Life Foundation (ESLF) has train and supported 30 victims of Gender-based Violence (GBV) with start-up kits.
The training and support for the victims took place in Makurdi, the Benue State capital.
4. Two people have been killed at Tse Igbur in the Logo Local Government Area of Benue State.
A resident, Joseph Anawah, said the incident happened on Sunday around 6pm.
5. The people of Gbeji community in Ukum Local Government Area, LGA, of Benue State have rejected the sympathy message sent to them by the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, over the recent herdmen killings in the area, describing it as a mockery.