Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Sunday, 30th October 2022 below.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Kaduna-based Islamic cleric, Sheikh Abubakar Ahmad Gumi, on Saturday, said the decision by Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to redesign the naira to curtail ransom payment will fail, as kidnappers will resort to dollars and other hard currencies.
Gumi warned that the redesigning of the naira will further put more pressure on the economy making the rotten situation worse.
2. The presidential candidate of Labour Party, Peter Obi, has called on electorates in Nasarawa State to support him at the polls in 2023.
Obi promised that if voted into power, his government would fight poverty, corruption and will not steal money like others have been doing.
3. The National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Iyorchia Ayu has boasted that no one can remove him as the national chairman of the party.
Ayu said those pushing for his removal from office will not succeed.
He said he will leave the seat on a day that the Almighty God himself permits.
4. The Nigeria Police Force has reacted to the viral report that bombs have been planted across Abuja.
Force Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, reacted via a statement on Saturday.
According to him, it was disheartening that some persons were spreading false information after the terror alert by the United States, the United Kingdom, and others.
5. The Senator representing Enugu East in the senate, Chimaroke Nnamani has explained why Nigerians should queue behind the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Bola Tinubu.
Nnamani described Tinubu as the nation’s top system builder and political reformer.
According to him, Tinubu will replicate his achievements in the country, describing him as the most progressive governor in the class of 1999-2007 set.
6. IDOMA VOICE has obtained the list of those killed by herdsmen in a recent attack on Gbeji community in Ukum Local Government Area of Benue State.
Recall that at least 39 persons including a Police officer were killed and several others seriously injured as gunmen attacked Gbeji community.
7. The spokesperson for All Progressives Congress Presidential Campaign Council, Festus Keyamo, has assured that his principal, Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu, will not disrespect the rule of law if elected president in 2023.
Keyamo said Tinubu was a victim of military brutality in his struggle for democracy and will not in any way abuse the rule of law.
8. Mayo Dele, a cousin of the late former Big Brother Naija housemate, Patrick Fakoya, aka Rico Swavey, has made a shocking revelation over the circumstances surrounding the death of the ex-reality TV star.
According to him, the Evercare Hospital where Rico was rushed to demanded N4.2m before treating Rico.
He added that the hospital is still owing the family N1.5m.
9. The PRO of G-9, a factional group in the All Progressives Congress in Benue South Senatorial District, Akor Ikwuoche, Saturday, narrowly escaped death by whiskers after he was attacked by hoodlums.
IDOMA VOICE gathered that Ikwuoche was beaten, his car windshield shattered and was left in the pool of his blood before help came his way.
He is currently undergoing treatment at an undisclosed hospital in Abuja.
10. Roberto de Zerbi the new Brighton manager has explained why his team demolished Chelsea 4-1 on Saturday in the English Premier League encounter.
De Zerbia led Brighton to defeat former manager Graham Potter’s tutored Chelsea at the American Express Community Stadium.
Zerbia noted that Brighton defeated Chelsea because his players were fantastic against the Blues.