1. The Benue State Election Petition Tribunal, sitting in Makurdi, has fixed Saturday to deliver judgement on the petitions before it over the March governorship election in the state.
Report saus the time and date of the judgement had been communicated to all the parties to the petition.
2. Suspected armed herders have killed three internally displaced persons in Benue State.
The Chairman of Agbabe Camps in Benue State, Terna Jacob, said the IDPs were killed on their farms on Wednesday.
3. Speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly, Aondona Dajoh, has said the legislature will strengthen the bill on the teaching of indigenous languages in the state.
The Speaker stressed that although the 7th Assembly had passed a bill for the teaching of some indigenous languages in the state, there was the need to revisit and strengthen it.
4. Panel One of the National and State Houses of Assembly Election Petition Tribunal, sitting in Makurdi, has successfully concluded its duties by delivering judgments on the final five election petitions within its purview.
Presided over by Justice Ory Zik-Ikeorha, the panel, which included Justice Usman Mohammed as Member 1 and Honourable Justice Saliu Zubayr a
5. Pensioners under the employment of the Benue State government and local authorities have received partial payments for the months of May to August 2023 and June to August 2023, respectively, during Governor Hyacinth Alia’s administration.
However, this payment has only made a dent in the significant arrears that have accumulated over the years.
6. The Governor of Benue State, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia, has promised to create an enabling environment for all donor agencies and development partners for their programmes in the state, through government’s provision of counterpart funds and other necessary logistics.
The Governor made the pledge when he played host to a delegation from the International Fund for Agricultural Development Fund (IFAD) – Value Chain Development Program (VCDP), at the Benue State Government House Makurdi, on Monday, September 18th, 2023.
7. The Benue State Police Commissioner, Mr. Batholomew Onyeka has ordered a total clampdown on illegal fabricators and possessors of fire arms in the state.
The Command by the order directed individuals unlawfully in possession of arms and light weapons in the state to voluntarily submit such illegally possessed weapons to the nearest police station.
8. The Commissioner of Police, Benue State Command, CP. Bartholomew Onyeka has ordered the dismantling of non-security roadblocks in the state.
He said the Benue State Police Command will effect the arrest of persons involved in such an obnoxious act.
9. Benue State Governor, Rev. Fr. Hyacinth Alia, has said with the presence and support of the armed forces, the state has enjoyed relative peace in the last four months, but that more needed to be done to enjoy lasting peace.
Alia stated this yesterday during the graduation ceremony of Course 9/2023 of the Air War College, held at the Nigerian Airforce Base, Makurdi, the state capital.
10. The Benue State Police Command has arrested four persons for alleged involvement in banditry and kidnapping activities in the state.
This is contained in a statement on Tuesday by the Police Public Relations Officer, SP Sewuese Anene, and made available to journalists in Makurdi.