Lagos State new traffic offences and their fines can be accessed below.
IDOMA VOICE reports that the Lagos State Government under the leadership of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has released news Lagos State new traffic offences and fines for drivers in the state in order to avoid their cars from being impounded by the state law enforcement agency.
This online newspaper understands that after working so hard or taking a loan to acquire a car, the last thing one would want is to watch the car being auctioned off at a ridiculous price to some stranger who doesn’t know what you passed through to get the car. But that can only happen if one violates any of the many traffic rules in Lagos State. Please try anything possible to obey the below new Traffic rules for the state and its management is not joking this time,
FULL LIST: Lagos State New Traffic Offences And Their Fines
- Driving without a Driver’s licence – Impound vehicle.
- Driving of any vehicle by a person under 18 – N30,000.
- Driving with fake number plates – N30,000, 3 years in prison.
- Driving with forged vehicle particulars – 6 months in prison.
- Driving with a fake driver’s licence – 6 months in prison.
- Driving without road worthiness – Impound vehicle.
- Driving only yellow – N80,000. Enforce painting
- Driving without Hackey permit – Impound vehicle.
- No display of Hackey permit – Impound vehicle
- Kabu Kabu without a permit – Impound vehicle
- Disobeying LASTMA Officer – N30,000/
- Neglect of traffic direction light – 3 months in prison.
- Smoking while driving – N30,000/Impound vehicle.
- Physically assault traffic officer – N50,000/6 months in prison.
- Driving without full light – N50,000.
- Driving with worn-out tyres – N30,000.
- Driving without a spare tyre – N30,000
- Driving smoking vehicle – N30,000
- No fire extinguisher – N30,000
- Broken windscreen – N30,000
- Tinted windscreen – N30,000
- Eating and driving with one hand – 3 months in prison.
- One-way driving – 3 years in prison
- Driving without fastening seat belt – N30,000
- Not painting a commercial vehicle the approved colour – N50,000
- No car hire service permit – 1st 20,000; 2nd N30,000, Impound vehicle
- Parking on the yellow line on any public highway/illegal parking – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000
- Vehicle crossing double yellow line/centre line – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000.
- Staying within the yellow junction box (offside rule) – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000
- Failure to yield to the right of the way of a pedestrian at a zebra crossing – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000
- Failure to give to traffic on the left at a roundabout – 1st N20,000; subsequent N30,000.
- Driving on walkway or kerb – Impound
- Reversing on the highway & parking on walkways – 50,000 naira
- Obstruction of traffic -20,000 naira
- Picking/Dropping passengers on illegal B/stop -50,000 naira
- Driving on BRT lanes – 70,000 naira.