By Apeh Simon
Good morning. Happy new week. Here are ten things trending in Benue State this morning.
1. After a long break from the news stand, King of Community tabloids, IDOMA VOICE NEWSPAPER is back.
The newspaper returned to news stand with new look, juicy stories and more editorial contents.
2. The United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) has ended the lingering water scarcity headache in Oju LGA of Benue State.
The foundation has sunk seven motorised boreholes and over 300 hand pumps for various communities in Oju Local Council area of Benue State.
The gesture is part of its determinations to ensure availability of potable water supply and proper hygienic environment, especially in rural communities.
3. Mathias Oyigeya, former guber aspirant in Benue State as well as erstwhile PDP chairman, Chief Audu Ogbe have been reportedly favoured from Benue Zone C to make President Buhari’s cabinet.
The duo hailed from Ogbadibo LGA of the State.
4. Apparently angered over the snail-speed of the current administration of Samuel Ortom in Benue State, immediate past Interior Minister, Comrade Abba Moro has called on the governor to wake up from his political slumber.
Moro, said that the people of Benue State are running out of patience after waiting in vain for the arrival of the much-awaited CHANGE.
The ex-minister warned the governor to stop using God’s name to hoodwink the already-disappointed people of the state and get to work as soon as possible.
5. In what could be termed political massacre, report cropped up during the weekend that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has beamed it searchlight on former Senate President, David Mark. The ranking lawmaker is currently being investigated by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for alleged money laundering offence.
6. Governor Samuel Ortom has thumbed down the claims by the Peoples Democratic Party that he is mismanaging Benue State resources.
The governor, while describing the story as baseless and unfounded warned the opposition party against feeding the general public with lies.
7. Comrade Dan Onjeh, Oche Gabriel Amanyi (Terry G), Austine Ahmedu (Blackface) and others would be honoured with Life Time Achievement Awards on 23 of this month.
The recognition is part of the programme to mark this year’s Idoma Day in University of Lagos. The event is packaged by National Association of Idoma Students, NAIS, Lagos Chapter.
8. Frontline activist and former senatorial aspirant in Benue Zone C has lambasted ex-Interior Minister, Abba Moro over his recent attack on gover Samuel Ortom.
Onjeh warned Moro to shut up and leak the wounds infested on them by the APC in the last general election.
9. The people of Benue South Senatorial District are beginning to raise eyebrows over the immediate past Senate .
President, David Mark‘s decision not to make contributions on the floor of Red Chambers since inauguration of 8th Senate under the leadership of Senator Bukola Saraki.
10. Host of the National Junior Championship, Otukpo Golf and Country Club, has shown why it is regarded as the emerging hub of the country’s game when it led the North Central Zone to win the championship.
But the tag of the best junior golfer remained with Enugu State’s Isife Chiemere, who beat Oturkpo’s Samuel Ochigbo, to win final game of the competition.