Latest Benue News today, Sunday October 23, 2022
1. Ex-governor of Benue state, who is now a senator representing the North- East senatorial district, Gabriel Suswam, decried the killings in Gbeji community in Ukum, Benue State.
Suswam, who decried the killings, said the President had further demonstrated ineptitude and lackadaisical attitude in protecting the lives of the people.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari and his administration have condemned the recent attacks in Benue State.
According to a statement by presidential spokesman, Garba Shehi, on Saturday, President Buhari said it is unacceptable for lives to be taken by herdsmen and farmers alike.
3. Chairman of the All Progressives Congress in Benue State, Austin Agada has said the party’s presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu and the guber flag bearer, Hyacinth Alia will win big in Benue in 2023.
Agada said Fr. Alia, a Catholic priest of 32 years who had been healing worshippers will heal Benue people and return smiles on the faces of every one and the state will witness tremendous growth as the food basket of the Nation.
4. At least 18 more persons have been confirmed dead after an attack by gunmen on Gbeji community in Ukum LGA of Benue state.
Terver Akase, senior special adviser to the Benue governor on media and publicity, announced the figure in a statement issued on Friday.
5. A man in his thirties, who identified himself as Samuel Emmanuel, has been caught depositing fake naira notes at different Point of Sale (POS) terminals in Otukpo, Benue State.
The suspect was earlier reported by several POS operators who were defrauded of N47,000 , N48,000 and N46,000 on different occasions.