Latest Benue News today, Wednesday, November 2, 2022
1. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has donated 25 buses to the campaign team of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Benue State.
Benue State Governor Samuel Ortom, who disclosed this on Tuesday in Makurdi during the inauguration of the party’s campaign council, said that each of the 23 local governments would get a bus.
2. The Benue State government has called for the immediate arrest and prosecution of the leaders and members of the Miyetti Allah groups in order to end banditry in the country.
The government insisted that members of the groups have questions to answer regarding the armed herdsmen who have taken over the country’s forests from where they have been attacking innocent Nigerians.
3. The leadership of Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore has protested against the confiscation and auctioning of many cattle belonging to the Fulani in Benue State.
The group also condemned the continuous profiling of Fulani pastoralists by the Governor of Benue state, Samuel Ortom through the anti-grazing law.
4. A faith-based organisation known as The Church of Jesus of Latter-Day Saints on Tuesday donated Food and non-food items worth over N100 million to victims of the flood disaster in Benue.
The regional manager of the faith-based organisation, Charles Adebayo presented the list of items to the Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom in Makirdi.
5. The Federal High Court presided by Justice Emeka Nwite, sitting in Abuja on Tuesday, struck out an objection filed by the duo of Hon. Godday Odagboyi Samuel and the APC.
The court ruled in favor of Hon. Joseph Adama Joseph.
6. A tanker loaded with petrol went on fire in Makurdi, the Benue State capital on Tuesday.
The incident, IDOMA VOICE gathered, happened at the AA Rano petrol station immediately after the Benue River Bridge.
7. The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Tuesday asked a Federal High Court, Abuja,for extension of time to file its processes in the suit seeking the nullification of the gubernatorial primary election of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Benue State.
The Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its governorship candidate in Benue State, Rt. Hon Titus Uba are seeking the nullification of the gubernatorial primary election of the APC in Benue state on the grounds that the party failed to comply with relevant sections of the Electoral Act, 2022, Nigerian Constitution as well as INEC regulations and guidelines for nomination of candidates for the 2023 general elections.