Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Friday 25th November 2022 below.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Association of Table Water Producers (ATWAP) has raised the price of sachet (‘pure’) water to N300 per bag. National President, Clementina Ativie made the announcement in a statement on Wednesday.
2. The Federal Capital Territory High Court sitting in Maitama, Abuja has been told that the suspended Accountant-General of the Federation (AG-F), Ahmed Idris, voluntarily returned about $900,000 in cash.
3. No fewer than 9 persons have been killed, 20 injured with at least 30 farm houses razed by fire with harvested crops and other valuable assets such as cars, motorcycles, water pump machines etc worth millions destroyed as a group of yet to be identified gunmen attack Tarangol community in Plateau State.
4. Ebonyi State Governor, David Umahi has said he has no apologies to Ndigbo for affirming to be obedient to the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu. The Presidential candidate of APC, Tinubu is running a Muslim-Muslim ticket with Kashim Shettima, wherein the Christian communities in the country are kicking against it.
.5. The Lobi Stars of Makurdi have cleared the air on their reported move for Portuguese star Cristiano Ronaldo. IDOMA VOICE reports that the former Real Madrid forward’s contract was terminated by Manchester United earlier in the week after the Portuguese interview with journalist Piers Morgans where he lashed out at Manchester United, Erik Ten Hag, and others.
6. The price of Jet A1, otherwise known as aviation fuel, has hit N780 per litre at the Lagos Airport. This comes as operators have reported increased scarcity of the product in other parts of the country, especially at northern airports.
7. There was a mild drama at the Lagos airport on Wednesday when supporters of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party and some party chieftains were prevented from boarding a campaign plane for their rally in Ibadan, Oyo State capital. The Deputy Director-General and Campaign Manager for LP Presidential Campaign Organisation, Oseloka Obaze, was the first to raise the alarm following a report that the plane had been grounded.
8. The Benue State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has unveiled its campaign vehicles ahead of the 2023 general elections. The vehicles were however branded without the picture of its presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar. The development might not be unconnected with the ongoing crisis rocking the PDP over the refusal of Iyorchia Ayu to step aside as the chairman of the opposition party.
9. The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, on Monday in Lagos State, has vowed not to fail those who have been supporting him. Obi said that he would rather die than fail his supporters, who are commonly known as Obidients.
10. Lionel Messi said Argentina’s shock loss to Saudi Arabia was a “very heavy blow” but vowed the South American champions would bounce back from the defeat. “It’s a very heavy blow, a defeat that hurts, but we must continue to have confidence in ourselves,” Messi said after Argentina crashed to a stunning 2-1 loss in Group C.