Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Tuesday 22nd November 2022 below.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike says Nigeria is in dire need of a unifier that will drive the affairs of governance without any form of segregation. Governor Wike spoke at the inauguration of the Mgbuitanwo internal road in Emohua Local Government Area of the State. The Mgbuitanwo internal roads was inaugurated by Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, the presidential candidate of New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) on Monday.
2. The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on November 21, 2022 re-arraigned a former governor of Kaduna State, Mukhtar Ramalan Yero before Justice R.M Aikawa of the Federal High Court sitting in Kaduna on an eight-count amended charges bordering on money laundering. The re-arraignment is sequel to the transfer of the former trial judge, Justice M.G Umar, from the State.
3. President Muhammadu Buhari will, on Tuesday, supervise the first oil drill in oil fields located in Bauchi and Gombe States. The ground-breaking ceremony of the Kolmani Oil Prospecting Lease (OPL) 809 and 810 at the Kolmani field site will be the first oil drilling in Northern Nigeria.
4. No fewer than two Notorious Commanders of Jamā’at Ahl as-Sunnah lid-Da’wah wa’l-Jihād, terrorist group (Boko Haram), Ba’a Usman (Munzir) and Alhaji Ari,(Nakib) have surrendered to troops of Operation Hadin Kai. They surrendered with 47 other members of the terrorist group after coming out of Sambisa Forest following intensive air and ground assault on terrorist’s enclaves by troops of operation Hadin Kai.
.5. A video surfaced on social media, showing French President Emmanuel Macron being slapped by a woman. Az reports cited foreign media. After a moment of surprise, the woman was immediately dragged to the ground by Macron’s bodyguards.
6. The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), Peter Obi is set to hold a crucial meeting with the Governor of Anambra State, Chukwuma Soludo. The meeting, Obi said is aimed at proffering solutions to Nigeria’s challenges.
7. Unknown gunmen attacked a commercial vehicle and opened fire at travelers along Four Corner-Udi Road in Enugu State. It was gathered that the heavily armed gunmen deflated their tires, forcing the commercial vehicle to stop, and they shot at passengers. An eyewitness said the driver and a number of passengers escaped death by whiskers.
8. The Federal High Court, sitting in Makurdi has clarified that the resignation of civil servants is after the primary election and not before. The judge, Hon. Justice Abdu Dogo made the clarifications in a judgment delivered on Monday, the 21st day of November 2022 in a suit instituted by Hon. Dr. Francis Ottah Agbo, the runner-up at the People’s Democratic Party Primary election for Ado/Okpokwu/Ogbadibo Federal Constituency.
9. The presidential Candidate of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP, Senator Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, Sunday, asked those expecting him to step down for another flag bearer to perish the thought because “for us in the NNPP and Kwankwansiya, our party is on the right track to clinch the leadership of the country.”
10. Popular Nigerian singer, Ibrahim Ayo Balogun AKA Wizkid has won the Favorite Afrobeats artist of the year at the 2022 American Music Awards. Wizkid won ahead of fellow colleagues/Nominees; Tems, Fireboy Dml, Ckay and Burna Boy.