Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Saturday 5th November 2022 below.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Benue State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has disowned the G-9 Benue South Progressives Forum. The party said G-9 is not an arm of the APC and as such has no right to speak for the party in Benue south.
2. Justice Inyang Ekwo of the Federal High Court Abuja has ordered an interim forfeiture of 40 landed properties belonging to a former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, who is currently in custody in the United Kingdom. Justice Ekwo made the order following an ex-parte motion by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
3. Dana Air on Friday, November 4, 2022, announced that it will resume flight operations from Wednesday, November 9. The development was disclosed in a statement issued and made available to newsmen Chief Operating Officer, Ememobong Ettete on Friday.
4. Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike has increased the number of his Special Assistants on Political Unit Affairs from 100,000 to 200,000. He announced the increase while inaugurating the second and last batch of the initial 100,000 assistants from the Rivers East Senatorial District on Friday.
5. The Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has directed the Commissioner for Lands, Survey and Solid Minerals, Bernard Unenge to allocate land to the Nigerian Navy for the establishment of a Naval Base in the state.
6. Armed robbers have invaded the staff quarters of the University of Ibadan, killing Mr Vincent Odinko, an occupant of one of the buildings. The sad incident happened last Friday night, according to reliable sources.
7. Again, Emirates Airline has suspended flights operations to Nigeria over its inability to repatriate funds trapped in the country.
8. WhatsApp has launched new features including in-chat polls, video calls that support up to 32 people, and groups that support 1,024 users.
9. Former actress Halima Abubakar has criticised most of her colleagues mourning Davido’s son on their social media pages. Ifeanyi, the award-winning singer’s son died on Monday after drowning in his father’s pool at his residence in Banana Island.
10. Costa Rica has unveiled a 26-man squad to face the Super Eagles of Nigeria in an international friendly clash between both teams.