Good morning, here are trending news stories from Benue State this Friday morning.
1. A young Benue man, Lubem Terkula has been dragged to court by a lady identified as Kor Saanmoyol Henrietta for calling her out publicly on Facebook after he transfered the sum of N1,500 to her for transportation fare from Gboko to Makurdi but failed to show up.
Report says Terkula transferred N1,500 to Henrietta through POS to enable her visit him in Makurdi but she failed to show up, he called her countless times but she failed to pickup.
2. A woman has been killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen in Benue State.
Reports says the woman was killed after the herders attacked some women who had gone to farm to fetch firewood in Yelewata area of Guma LGA of Benue State.
3. The Southern and Middle Belt Youth Leaders Assembly, COSMBYLA, has reacted to a report by Muslim Rights Concern, MURIC alleging that Governor Samuel Ortom, his Oyo, Rivers and Taraba States counterparts, Seyi Makinde, Nyesom Wike and Darius Ishaku are haters of Muslims in Nigeria.
COSMBYLA, an umbrella body of all the youth groups in the South East, South-South, South West and Middle Belt region opined that the statement by MURIC was politically motivated, stressing that the accused governors are all members of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
4. Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom says he has spent the sum of N680 million treating victims of snakebite in the State, in the last 22 years.
The Governor, who has personally maintained a retainership with Bishop Murray Hospital Makurdi for the free treatment of snakebites since the year 2000, disclosed this on Tuesday, during a meeting with MINDA PDP Elders Forum.
5. A young lady, Mnena Iornumbe who climbed a fence in order to steal valuables has been apprehended in Makurdi, the Benue state Capital.
The incident happened yesterday, February 8.
It was gathered that the slay queen who is from Gboko Local Government of the state has been terrorizing people by stealing their valuables each time they went to work.